Jonas, Sarah Òsadieó ?Sadie?
- Born: Between Jul 1, 1890 and Jan 1, 1891, probably Tasnad, Szilagy Megye, Hungary (now Santau, Satu Mare, Romania)
- Marriage (1): (Schredder), Mendel Òmaxó ?Max? Schreter
- Died: Nov 22, 1984, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Another name for Sarah was Jonas, Sarah Òsadieó (Sadie).
It is recalled by some descendants that Sadie grew up in
“Tushnod Santo,” a place near the border of Czechoslovakia.
This is most likely Tusnad, Romania (then in Transylvania in the
Austro-Hungarian Empire). Tusnad (pronounced “Tushnad,” - - the
“s” has a soft mark in Romanian) is 122 miles north of Bucarest,
and somewhat north of Brasov and Sfantu Gheorghe (this must be
the “Santo” that is recalled).
A second, much less likely location is “Tynec nad Sazavou,” a
town about 18 miles south-southeast of Prague, and to the
northwest of Benesov. This is not, however, near the Czech
To United States in 1907.
Noted events in her life were:
• Hebrew name. Sura
• Alt. Birth, Abt 1890. Tashnad Santo, Austria Hungary
• Alt. Death, Nov 22, 1984. Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Sarah married Mendel Òmaxó ?Max? Schreter (Schredder). (Mendel Òmaxó ?Max? Schreter (Schredder) was born on Oct 15, 1887 in Romania and died on Sep 16, 1966 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.)